Getting Unstuck: Stepping Toward Your Dreams
The Boundless Webzine (part of Focus on the Family) has so many "food for thought" articles, both deep as well as hilarious (ie. Ask Theophilus). This particular article called "Getting Unstuck: Stepping Toward Your Dreams" (click on the title), I found spoke to the heart of my struggles, what I've been turning over in my mind again and again. What stood out the most was this quote:
A few other points from the article that I feel I should highlight, primarily for myself, and anyone else who wishes to take note.
~some think i'm going through my "quarter-of-a-century life-crisis"
If you’re confused about your vocation, keep in mind the words of Frederick Buechner, and look for it at “the intersection of your own deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger.”
A few other points from the article that I feel I should highlight, primarily for myself, and anyone else who wishes to take note.
When we become the people we were designed to be, God uses us to change to the world.
“If you were meant to cure cancer or write a symphony or crack cold fusion and you don’t do it, you not only hurt yourself, even destroy yourself. You hurt your children, you hurt me, you hurt the planet,” Pressfield writes. “You shame the angels who watch over you and you spite God Almighty, who created you and only you with your unique gifts, for the sole purpose of nudging the human race one millimeter further along its path back to God.”
~some think i'm going through my "quarter-of-a-century life-crisis"
